Content marketing and blogging are must-have marketing mediums for small business owners to utilise in 2015. The information shared build trust, engagement and rapport with their audience and within their industry. Here are our top 5 Barefoot Basics tips to build your communication strategy and to grow your blogging audience.
1. Be The Unicorn
Your first strategy when developing your suite of content is to know your target market, their needs and why your brand resonates with them. Be The Unicorn.
Make your blog and brand stand out from the pack by:
- Be Unique – Focus on your core strengths and deliver tools, resources and articles that are reflective of that.
- Engage – Create a sense of community through responding to comments, social media interactions, emails and phone calls with a timely and friendly manner.
- Let Your Personality Shine – Weave your client projects (with their permission, of course), real life experience and personal interests into your blog, providing a diverse range of content.
- Tap Into Industry Research & Trends – Be mindful of growing areas of interest within your industry and provide your insights plus commentary into the results.
2. Know Your Target Keywords
Put a focus on finding a balance between content and targeted keywords that will drive traffic to your website through search engines such as Google, plus keyword email summaries such as Google Alerts.
3. Employ Engaging Visuals
More than simply implementing clean, engaging and user friendly website, it is important to use visually engaging images that can be integrated across your website and social media platforms.